Here's a new little feature for you, brought to you on Sundays. It will be a quick 3-5 item bullet list on any random topic I feel so inclined to write about. First up:
Lessons I learned on vacation.
- Dates can happen in 10-minute chunks while someone else is watching your kiddo(s).
- Planning outings that make 7+ people happy is hard to do. Flexibility goes a long way.
- Vacationing with your parents, in-laws and toddlers saves money, and gives your brain a creative challenge for finding time for romance. It may be tough, but it IS possible!
- Vacation food can be fun without making you feel like an utter failure on your diet.
- Lots of friends will come to your aid when you make a plea for help handling your toddler. Solidarity is a beautiful thing.